We are pleased to announce more details of the ACL 2014 group excursion/tour to Washington DC on Saturday, June 28, 2014. Reservation/confirmation link below.
Departure: 9:00 AM from Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel
Return: 7:15 PM arrival at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel
High-quality Gray Line Coach tour, with professional (and humerous) tour guide on the entire trip.
Morning tour of the major attractions in historic Washington including:
- White House (including picture opportunities directly in front)
- Washington Monument
- Lincoln Memorial (and nearby Vietnam/Korean Memorials)
- Jefferson Memorial and Tidal Basin (cherry trees)
- Martin Luther King memorial
- Kennedy Center and Iwo Jima Memorial
- Arlington, Virginia
- National Mall and major Smithsonian Museums and Castle
Lunch at one of several options near the US Capitol
including the excellent cafes at the National Gallery of Art
After-Lunch: Tour inside the US Capitol (confirmed group ticket, invidual tickets usually sold out)
Afternoon: Visit to Smithsonian Museum(s) of your choice including:
- Air and Space Museum (great milestones of both)
- National Gallery of Art (including several special exhibitions)
- Museum of the American Indian
- National Botanical Gardens
- Natural History Museum (including the Hope Diamond)
- Library of Congress
- excellent museums of Asian, African and Modern Art
Cost: $38/person including non-stop round trip transportation,
all admissions listed above free and free US Capitol Tour.
Only your choice of lunch is not included.
Substantially cheaper than other in-Washington tours or
even a day of on-off bus only passes ($45), neither of which
include transportation to/from Washington. You will also
have the company of your ACL colleagues on the 1-hour
nonstop trip to/from Washington.
TO DO: Please request tickets here HERE.
As of June 25, we may be sold out but are still accepting wait list entries on this link.